Shamanism as a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life
by Tom Cowan
Paperback, 224 pages
We currently have 3 in stock.
This inspirational book blends elements of shamanism with inherited traditions and contemporary religious commitments.
Drawing on shamanic practices from the world over, Shamanism as a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life addresses the needs of contemporary people who yearn to deepen their own innate mystical sensibilities. This inspirational book shows how to develop a personal spiritual practice by blending elements of shamanism with inherited traditions and current religious commitments. Contents include:
- The central role of power animals and spirit teachers.
- Visionary techniques for exploring the extraordinary in everyday life.
- Elements of childhood spirituality include songs, secret hiding places, power spots, and imaginary power figures.
- A journey to an ancestral shaman to recover lost knowledge
- Publisher: Crossing Press (September 1, 1996)