Empath's Survival Guide
Life Strategies for Sensitive People
by Judith Orloff, MD
Paperback, 288 pages
We currently have 1 in stock.
What is the difference between having empathy and being an empath?
“Having empathy means our heart goes out to another person in joy or pain,” says Judith Orloff, MD. “But for empaths, it goes much further. We actually feel others’ emotions, energy, and physical symptoms in our own bodies, without the usual defenses that most people have.” With The Empath’s Survival Guide, Dr. Orloff offers a practical toolset to help sensitive people develop healthy coping mechanisms in our high-stimulus world—while fully embracing the empath’s gifts of intuition, compassion, creativity, and spiritual connection.
This practical, empowering, and loving book was created to support empaths and anyone who wants to develop their sensitivities to become more caring people in an often-insensitive world. It helps empaths through their unique challenges and gives loved ones a better understanding of the needs and gifts of the sensitive people in their lives. In this book, Dr. Orloff offers crucial practices, including:
- Self-assessment exercises to help you identify your empath type
- Tools for protecting yourself from sensory overload, exhaustion, addictions, and compassion fatigue while replenishing your vital energy
- Simple and effective strategies to stop absorbing stress and physical symptoms from others and protect yourself from narcissists and other energy vampires
- How to find the right work and create relationships that nourish you
- How to navigate intimate relationships without feeling overwhelmed
- Guidance for parenting and raising empathic children
- Awakening the empath’s gift of intuition and deepening your spiritual connection to all living beings
For any sensitive person who’s been told to “grow a thick skin,” this paperback edition of The Empath’s Survival Guide is an invaluable resource for staying fully open while building resilience, exploring your gifts of depth and compassion, and feeling welcome and valued by a world that desperately needs what you have to offer.
Judith Orloff, MD, is a leading voice in the fields of medicine, psychiatry, and intuitive development and a New York Times bestselling author. A UCLA psychiatric clinical faculty member, her books include The Empath’s Survival Guide, Emotional Freedom, Positive Energy, Guide to Intuitive Healing, and Second Sight. The Empath’s Empowerment Journal is the companion to be used with her books. Find more inspiration at Dr. Orloff’s website drjudithorloff.com.
- Publisher: Sounds True, September 2018
6.2 x 0.8 x 9.1 inches
Judith Orloff, MD, is a leading voice in the fields of medicine, psychiatry, and intuitive development. An assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at UCLA, her bestselling books include Emotional Freedom, Positive Energy, Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing, and Second Sight.Inspired Living Nuturer / Healer Books